- RSS Channel Showcase 9906872
- RSS Channel Showcase 3330576
- RSS Channel Showcase 5479011
- RSS Channel Showcase 7417936
Articles on this Page
- 08/04/15--03:20: _Front Crawl Swimmin...
- 08/04/15--03:23: _Front Crawl Swimmin...
- 08/04/15--03:27: _Front Crawl Swimmin...
- 08/04/15--03:30: _Front Crawl Techniq...
- 08/04/15--05:02: _How to Swim Freesty...
- 08/04/15--12:08: _Learn Swimming Free...
- 08/04/15--12:31: _Swimming Freestyle ...
- 08/04/15--12:34: _Swimming Freestyle ...
- 08/04/15--12:37: _Front Crawl Swimmin...
- 08/05/15--13:27: _Improve the Flutter...
- 08/04/15--03:20: Front Crawl Swimming Drills – Under Switch
- 08/04/15--03:23: Front Crawl Swimming Drills: Zipper Switch
- 08/04/15--03:27: Front Crawl Swimming Drills: Over Switch
- 08/04/15--03:30: Front Crawl Technique – Head Position and Body Roll
- 08/04/15--05:02: How to Swim Freestyle – Arm Technique and Movements
- 08/04/15--12:08: Learn Swimming Freestyle – Advanced Slide on Your Side Drill
- 08/04/15--12:31: Swimming Freestyle – Slide-Front-Slide Drill
- 08/04/15--12:34: Swimming Freestyle – Slide on your Side Drill
- 08/04/15--12:37: Front Crawl Swimming Drills – Slide and Glide
- 08/05/15--13:27: Improve the Flutter Kick with Vertical Kicking
You will finally transition into swimming the front crawl stroke with the next few swimming drills, which teach you arm stroke movements and coordination. They are called switch drills because you switch between sides over the course of a drill cycle. In the first one of these drills, Under Switch, the arm recovery occurs underwater. […]
Whereas in the previous front crawl drill, Under Switch, the focus was on the synergy between arm stroke movements and body roll, in Zipper Switch the focus is on achieving a compact and efficient arm recovery: Achieving a compact recovery allows you to decrease drag and save energy, as explained in Swimming Mistakes: Wide Arm […]
Over Switch is the last one in our sequence of front crawl swimming drills. It lets you practice an early hand entry during the arm recovery. This is to avoid the common tendency of overreaching during the recovery which for several reasons increases drag and can also lead to swimmer’s shoulder. Drill Instructions Start to […]
To swim front crawl with the greatest efficiency and prevent neck injuries, you need to properly position your head and roll your body. This article explains the correct swimming technique to be able to do this. Have a Neutral Head Position In the past, it was often advised to lift the head up and to […]
The post Front Crawl Technique – Head Position and Body Roll appeared first on Enjoy Swimming.
This article explains how to swim freestyle with correct arm stroke movements. In fact, the arm stroke accounts for as much as 90% of the propulsion in the freestyle stroke, while the flutter kick only accounts for 10%. So using proper swimming technique is important. The following video shows footage of Michael Phelps in slow […]
The post How to Swim Freestyle – Arm Technique and Movements appeared first on Enjoy Swimming.
While swimming freestyle a lot of swimmers lose their balance when they roll on the side to breathe. As a consequence they create more drag and lose their forward momentum. Advanced Slide on your Side tries to prevent this by letting you practice balance in a position close to the one you are in while […]
The post Learn Swimming Freestyle – Advanced Slide on Your Side Drill appeared first on Enjoy Swimming.
This drill to learn swimming freestyle lets you practice rolling from side to side, with an intermediary prone position. You also have to pay attention to your balance and have to keep your body tall and extended in the water. Mastering this drill allows you to have a more streamlined position while swimming freestyle. Drill […]
Slide on your side is a swimming drill to learn swimming freestyle more on the sides while also maintaining good balance and a long body in the water. Swimming more on the sides allows to improve propulsion but can feel odd at first. Practicing this drill lets you get used to floating on your side. […]
Slide and Glide is one of our swimming drills to learn swimming front crawl. You roll from side to side in a stable position, and observe a short pause on each side to adjust your balance. You also integrate the full arm stroke movements into the drill: Swimming Drill Instructions The drill is in fact […]
It could be that you struggle with our freestyle stroke drills because your flutter kick isn’t propulsive enough. If this is the case, the vertical flutter kick drill can help. Here’s a video that demonstrates vertical flutter kicking: Drill Instructions Go to the deep area of the pool, get into a vertical position and start […]